Volunteer with the North Greece Fire Department
Volunteering is Valuable to You and Your Community
Why don’t YOU explore the possibilities at North Greece!
What’s in it for you? The rewards to volunteering are worth more than money and stay with you for a lifetime. Please read on!
- RESPECT: As a volunteer you gain respect from every member of your community.
- ACCOMPLISHMENT: North Greece is committed to training and equipping their firefighters with state-of-the-art equipment. Join our team and you’ll develop knowledge and skills few have.
- TRAINING+: All training provided at no cost. IN fact, some training courses earn college credit.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS: North Greece maintains a proactive aproach to firefighter fitness. Our Station No. 1 (645 N. Greece Rd.) houses a new physical fitness center with modern equipment for your use. In addition, members of our team have been trained to assist you with a personal fitness program should you so desire. Our optional cholesterol testing (part of our medical evaluation) further assists you in achieving optimum physical fitness levels.
- RETIREMENT: As a North Greece volunteer you are eligible to participate in the Service Award Program at no cost to you.
- FRIENDSHIP: You’ll establish some of your strongest social ties with fellow volunteers who share your commitment.
- COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: A College Scholarship Program is available to active volunteers and their children on an annual basis.
- AND FINALLY…SATISFACTION: Nothing can compare to the fulfillment that comes from doing an important job assisting your community.
Still Interested?! Read on for Basic Firefighter Requirements
Listed below are the basic requirements to join the North Greece team as a Volunteer Firefighter:
- Prospective volunteers must reside within North Greece Fire District boundaries. Generally speaking, North Greece boundaries are situated in the Northwest quadrant, Town of Greece.
- 18 years of age
- High School graduate or GED
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Successful completion of District medical evaluation including drug test
- Successful completion of Arson Check completed by Mo. Co. Sherriff’s Office
- Ability to commit an average of 4 hours per week for training, drills, meetings, etc.
- Successful completion of Mo. Co. Essentials of Firefighting course
- Possess a willingness to learn
So What do You Think?
Are You Ready to Join the North Greece Team? If so, give us a call or fill out the application online: