Title: Community Risk Reduction Specialist (Provisional Appointment)
Salary Range: $45,000 – $57,000
Reports To: Fire Chief
Work Location: North Greece Fire District Headquarters, 1766 Latta Road, Rochester, NY 14612
- Manage and coordinate Smoke Detector and CO Detector Programs for residents of the North Greece Fire District, including organizing and delivering any related campaigns throughout the year.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Car Seat Clinics and Programs within the Town of Greece and it’s (4) Fire Districts.
- This position will become the liaison for all community events and programs for the North Greece Fire District.
- Develop lesson plans and programs for the Greece Central School District (all age group programs), including in classroom programs and Hazard House Training.
- Coordinate and assist with the delivery of educational programs for the Greece Central School District’s Responding to Emergency Program.
- Develop and deliver community-driven programs, including hands-on training, including but not limited to, CPR, Stop the Bleed, Narcan administration, and Fall Prevention Programs for Seniors and at Senior Housing Sites.
- Deliver Fire Extinguisher Training.
- Coordinate all social media information and activity for the North Greece Fire District, author quarterly articles for the North Greece Fire Department.
- Provide annual outreach and program data to the Fire Chief and perform any other assigned duties, as deemed necessary, by the Fire Chief.
- 2-years’ experience in a fire department/fire district with experience in the development and delivery of fire safety/fire prevention programs is preferred.
- A.S. Degree in Fire Protection Technology, Public Administration, Educational, or a related field, is preferred.
- CPR Instructor, Current NYS Emergency Medical Technician Certification or Certified First Responder, is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for all age groups.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
- Valid NYS Divers License without restrictions or conditions.
- Fire Instructor I (after hire), Fire Instructor II, preferred.
- Car Seat Safety Technician Certification (Will be required to obtain after hire).
- Certification as Life Safety Educator (NYS OFPC Certification Program, after hire).
This position is a Provisional Civil Service Appointment, the selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a Civil Service Examination once it’s offered in Monroe County.
Interested persons shall submit a resume and Civil Service Application to:
North Greece Fire District
1766 Latta Road
Rochester, NY 14612
No later than Friday, August 26, 2022, at 5 PM. No application will be considered if received or post marked after this date.
Link for Civil Service Application:
Link for Application Guideline:
Any questions relevant to this job opportunity should be directed to Chief Samuel J. DeRosa at